Pages

Thursday, January 13, 2011

2011 Resolutions

Boy 1:  "I will read all these books by the end of the year."



Boy 2:  "I will beat the Harry Potter Game."

Me:  "I will stop using words and phrases that show my age such as 'walkman' and 'nails on a blackboard'".  The kids probably thought I meant mailman, not walkman, but ours is a woman, so that's confusing anyway, and they don't use blackboards in school anymore.  I asked Boy 1 if he ever sees blackboards anymore he said, "Yeah, I saw one once so I thought, 'what is this?' and I dragged my nails down it.  That noise gave me shivers."  That made me laugh for a long time.  I am not sure why.

PHD hasn't publicly stated his resolution so I will assign him one.  Practice wearing new glasses more.  He hasn't quite adjusted to the progressives, yet, so he does things like look around too quickly which causes him to sway weirdly or he misses the bottom step and almost falls down.  (And then looks proud when he saves himself from going down.  You know that look - we all do it! Whoo hoo, I am awesome, I almost fell but I saved it!)  Anyway, his antics are always fun to watch but probably not completely safe.

There you have it.  I will keep you posted on our progress!


No comments: