Pages

Monday, August 15, 2011

KISS the Sister Wife

PHD said, "I made a collage in my office.  Well, it's only 3 pictures, not really a collage.  You should go look."  I played it cool, freaking out on the inside.  The last time he hung something on the office wall it was a framed poster of KISS.  For those of you under 40, here is what members of the band KISS looked like:


Framed.  I thought he was joking so I hung a picture of the cast of Twilight over it to prove I got the joke and I could do one funnier.  Only he was serious.  He really likes KISS.  I haven't seen the Twilight poster or the KISS masterpiece since.  Now any wall hanging by PHD concerns me.  So what I did find wasn't so bad:


Not so bad, if you like to see yourself in three 8 1/2 x 11 photos. I don't really. Especially three photos that I had previously rejected as too hideous for even a teeny facebook profile picture.

I told him, "You don't need to stalk me, I live with you."  He said, "I liked those pictures and now I can pretend you are triplets...or, Sister Wives!!"  He kept looking at me as though he wanted me to freak out.  I don't want to be triplets but Sister Wives I can get into...We could divide up all the jobs I don't like, I could leave the house by myself on those days that the kids hate me and I would always have someone to talk to. Someone who wouldn't wait until I finish a sentence and say, "I don't think I was listening to one word of that", then laugh like (s)he just told the best joke ever. 

I should probably check Kijiji. Is that where you get a sister wife?  Kijiji may or may not provide the best quality of sister wives.   Probably a sister wife that looks like this:

  

Note: A whole week ago, I had a(n) (is it a or an? I think it's an. maybe not. H is confusing.) hysterically funny ending planned for this post.  It tied together all the pieces of this post, related to the title and was so surprising that you would have spit your milk on your keyboard. If you were drinking milk.  Only PHD started reading it over my shoulder as I was typing and then I couldn't remember my ending.  The ending that was hysterically funny.  Gone. I waited a whole week and it hasn't come back.  PHD actually erased all the creative thoughts in my head by reading my unfinished post over my shoulder. Jerk. 

Instead, here is a funny sentence from Tina Fey's book "Bossypants":

"This made no sense to me, probably because I speak English and have never had a head injury."

This sentence is very useful because in addition to being funny, it can be applied to this post, this blog and 90% of the things that come out of my mouth.  Thanks Tina.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awe... PHD loves you so much he wants three of you! Maybe he has finally given up on his fantasy and this is his deflated realization of a middle aged, father of 2, husband to 1, surburban living, man's idea of a threesome! :)

Kelly B. said...

Well...I will have to tell PHD my story about getting backstage at the KISS concert when there were here once...the night started out by some freak that worked for the band giving us front row seats...and then coming up later telling us "the band wants to meet you" and giving us the b/s passes...we hung around back stage for about an hour...ate all the free stuff and drank all the free booze...and then took off cause we were getting bored and being dumb prairie girls...figured out why were were there...Hahahahaha!!
So that's my story, now he can just read it...and omg my word verification is "groping" I shit you NOT!!

Mrs. MacFuddle said...

Kelly, I think KISS is trying to ask you on a date! Life lesson #27 "don't accept backstage passes from anyone that sings "lick it up" and/or "I was made for loving you".