Pages

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Label your belongings, please

My advice to my PHD is, don't leave a permanent Sharpie marker sticking out of your overall pockets, that's all.  What else is a kid to do??


It may be hard for PHD to keep up his tough guy image out on the job site with that label on his pants.  Might as well stick a "Baby on Board" sign on his work van.

Boy 2's constant need to express himself on my walls, clothing, belongings in general, did make me think about what he might be when he grows up.  I read somewhere (I could have made it up - sounds more authoritative if I say I read it.) that you should think about what you wanted to be when you were six and that is what you should be.  When you are six, you pick something you like to do, you don't care what others think and you have no idea that you have to earn a living at it.  Perfect time to find your passion!

I asked my nephews what they might be when they grow up.  My six year old nephew said he wants to be a tow truck driver and maybe a teacher.  We think maybe the tow truck thing will be a weekend/summer gig.  My seven year old nephew  wants to be a Biker. I am not sure what that is or how to earn money at it but it doesn't matter!  Boy 1 wants to be an engineer, probably a toy engineer, or an app designer. (The iPad was an investment in his future career, I guess!)  Boy 2 wants to be a principal so he can give the kids recess all day, or maybe a scientist.  I think he should see if there are any tester positions at Sharpie corporation, he already has a lot of data for them...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think at that age my kids wanted to test out new "gameboys" or ride horses...could be some truth to that theory of what makes you happy!

Mrs. MacFuddle said...

I wish I could remember what I wanted to be, besides, a kid forever...